Home Care Packages Program
Funded by the Commonwealth Government, REDHS Home Care Packages provide local support and services to assist clients live independently and maintain their health and community participation. REDHS works with clients and their families to tailor care and services to support needs and goals.
Home Care Support Packages target older Australians who to wish to remain living in their home. There are no citizen or residency restrictions.
To be eligible, clients should be 65 years and older, or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Tailor your personalised Home Care Package
- Assistance with personal activities such as bathing, showering, toileting, dressing and undressing, mobility and communication
- Assisting with tasks such as vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, toileting and showering
- Changing bed linen, laundering of clothes and ironing
- Meal preparation
- Mowing of lawns and general gardening
- Household maintenance
- Assistance with shopping and attending appointments
- The ability to do the social activities you love and enjoy
Aids and Equipment
- Assistance to increase independence at home (i.e. shower chairs and personal alarms)
- Medication management,
- Wound care and dressings
- Continence support
- Compression stockings
- Podiatry, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Social Work, Physiotherapy, Diabetes Education, Exercise Physiology, Group Exercises.
- General services: mowing, hedging, pruning, weeding.
How to get started
An assessment is the first step in qualifying for a Home Care Package.
To organise an assessment, contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Or ask our REDHS Central Intake Officer to assist you make a self-referral on (03) 5484 4400.
Face – to – face assessments are carried out by a member of your local Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS).
If you qualify for a Home Care Package, you will need to select a service provider – you can choose a community based health service like Rochester and Elmore District Health to provide your package.
A REDHS Client Adviser will get in touch and help you tailor a personalised Home Care Package which meets your needs.
What to do while you’re waiting
While you are waiting in the national queue for a Home Care Package, you will receive a letter 90 days before you are assigned.
This letter helps you to take the first steps toward making an informed choice about your care needs, as well as shortlisting an approved home care provider in your local area.
How does REDHS compare to other providers?
- REDHS local support and services to assist you to maintain your independence, health, community participation and to help you live comfortably and safely in your own home, for as long as possible.
- There are no start-up, re-assessment or exit fees during the life of a Home Care Package.
If you are waiting for your government – funded package to become available, REDHS can provide a subsidised service in the interim.
Call our Home Care Client Advisor and see how we can make a difference in your life. Contact our Intake Officer on
(03) 5484 4400 during business hours.