Community & Consumer Advisory Committee
The Community and Consumer Advisory Committee (CCAC) supports the REDHS Board of Directors in achieving our Vision ‘Caring For Our Community’.
Meeting quarterly after hours at REDHS, the Committee will advise the Board and ensure the needs, aspirations and perspectives of the community, consumers and carers are taken into consideration and appropriately incorporated into planning and decision making. The Committee has a structured partnership between consumers, the community and the health service and is an advisory committee of the Board.
The Consumer / Community Advisory Committee supports REDHS with
- Health Service Planning
- Community Engagement
- Consumer and Community Participation
- Service Delivery
- Other matters specifically delegated by the Board
Any member of the community who is interested in strengthening delivery and access of local health services is invited to attend. We particularly welcome contribution from
- People identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People who are gender diverse, transgender and intersex
- People experiencing health inequalities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse people
- Young people
To find out more about the committee, including details on how to join, please contact Karen Laing, Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 5484 4400.