District Community Nursing
District Community Nursing provides nursing care to people in their home. The service is available to people living in the communities of Rochester, Elmore, Nanneella and surrounding communities. The service is available to people of all ages and includes:
- Hygiene assessment
- Medication supervision
- Wound care management
- Monitoring and support of people with chronic illness
- Palliative care nursing
- Nursing care following hospital discharge
- Assessment and referral to other service providers
How to access the service
- Anyone living within the listed communities can refer to our service.
- For Department of Veterans’ Affairs clients, a doctor’s written authority is required.
- Transport Accident Commission and Work Cover clients can access the service if approved by the insurer.
District Community Nursing is able to provide services through funding from the CHSP and HACC program. This funding is available for older, frail people and young people with disabilities to assist them in the community. For more information contact (03) 5484 4400.