Hospital Rebuild Update
Works have commenced on the restoration of our facility by our contracted builders Bay Building Services.
Contractors have been busy setting up their operations centre and commencing works inside the facility.
All of our services are continuing to operate throughout the restoration, at our Operations Centre at Rochester, and
- Allied Health sites at Elmore, Rushworth and Lockington
- Urgent Care at Rochester Medical Clinic Monday to Friday, 8:00am—5:00pm. Call 0428 358 892, walk-ins are welcome
- Aged care in Echuca and Tongala.
Emergency Response Victoria Flood Recovery Support
Echuca Regional Health are one of six agencies supporting flood impacted families throughout the Campaspe region and are actively working with many families in Rochester providing one-to-one
support with a designated team of Flood Recovery Support workers.
To register for the Recovery Support Program please call 1800 560 760, you can also find out further information here
An intake worker will then take time to understand your situation, and allocate you to a personal case worker.
You can register for:
- Clean up of private property
- Navigating insurance claims
- Financial counselling
- Submitting funding claims/grants
- Support for purchase of goods lost in the floods
- Access to temporary accommodation
- Counselling, mental health and wellbeing support
- Or, just to have someone to talk with.
The flood recovery program hotline is open everyday between 8:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 10:00am – 4:00pm on Saturday and public holidays
Support is also available for the wider recovery within the community, including social and therapeutic recovery programs. In partnership with other agencies, ERH is offering three specific programs aimed at Rochester residents:
- Drum Beat – a therapeutic session designed to engage rhythm and sound as a means of recovery. Participation is open to all residents. For further information or to register your interest please contact Imogen Riddington on 0400 696 148.
- Art Therapy – a therapeutic based program utilising art as a medium. Two programs are available, one specific for women and the other for primary school students. For further information or to register your interest please contact Carl Durnin on 0438 020 512.
- Coffee and cake – a social recovery program to re-connect residents of Rochester that have been displaced, lost their old social circles, or for those that would like a new social outlet to engage within their community. Sessions are fortnightly and there is no cost.
Locations change fortnightly to support local businesses. Elmore temporary village residents can also
join, with a free shuttle bus to and from the event. Call Rochester Community House on 5484 3600 for